Bureaucracy Today are looking for Senior Reporters/Correspondents/Bureau Heads for the following stations;
Agartala, Aizawal, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Dispur, Gandhinagar, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Panaji, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla and Thiruvananthapuram
There is also opening for full time/ part time senior correspondents/reporters withPIB accreditation in New Delhi to cover Central Government ministries.
Brief Job description for Full time Bureau reporters;
1. Reporting and writing news stories for publication in both Bureaucracy Today (print magazine) and web news portal
2. Sending 2-5 daily newsfeed for news portal www.bureaucracytoday.com from State Secretariat. Candidate should be well versed in web / new media.
New media roles and responsibilities:
Delivering online content: blogs and microblogs
Converting stories in a web friendly format
Understanding the emerging trends of world wide web filing and updating them in real-time
Using online media extensively
Inputting stories on E-governance and role of Internet
Picking up digital angle of stories, monitoring popular blogs and microblogs
Keeping track of social media platforms
3. Conducting interviews with top bureaucrats/technocrats/industrialists/ politicians and serving Ministers after approval from the ‘Editorial Coordinator’ in Delhi
4. Reviewing own copy and correcting errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following the prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
5. Getting approval on story ideas and then determining a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizing material accordingly
6. Investigating and breaking news from the region, especially the government
7. Receiving assignments or evaluating leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
8. Revising work in order to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements
9. Developing ideas and material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, and personal experiences.
Experience: Five-ten years of experience in reporting government or related beats
About Bureaucracy Today Magazine:
Bureaucracy Today is the most comprehensive and widely read print magazine on governance in India. With unmatched quality, incisive news stories and indepth analysis, we reach out to over 6 lakh affluent readers in India comprising bureaucrats, technocrats, politicians, CEOs, entrepreneurs, investors and upwardly mobile youngsters. The profile of our readers accounts for more than 70% of the country’s GDP.
Hindustan Times, a prominent newspaper of the country, has also signed a content sharing agreement with Bureaucracy Today, where BT provides the regular niche information on governance and bureaucracy to HT on a daily basis for further publishing and dissemination.
Interested candidates may mail their CV :
mentioning the current CTC and expected CTC to
Ms. Sonam Gupta at: